Traditionally a light-hearted day. Many no longer even notice it has arrived, and that is a loss. Oh, we still see the half-hearted items in newspapers (what’s that?) and the occasional spoof TV news video, but their heart is not in it.
The fun seems to have gone out of the day. I think I know the reason. The current state of the world is too dire for much light-hearted fun. Here a few examples of what squeezed out the fun today, arranged from the horrifying to the ninny:
1. BIBI: NUKE DEAL ‘DANGEROUS FOR ALL HUMANITY’… [YAHOO News]
2. U.S. Negotiating Team Mainly There to Speak on Iran’s Behalf [The Weekly Standard]
3. Obama, son of anarchy in the scrambled Middle East [NY Daily News]
4. Urban warfare drills rattle FL [SunSentinel]
5. Boko Haram kills, ‘beheads with chainsaws’ 40 people to derail Nigeria elections [RT News, Moscow]
6. U.S. signed agreement with Mexico to teach immigrants to unionize [Washington Examiner]
7. Obamacare Promises Tax-Season Surprises [National Journal]
8. Tourist apologizes for snapping selfie near East Village blast site [New York Post]
9. ‘Arizona Lawmaker: Church Attendance Should Be Mandatory’ [CBS Las Vegas]
10. Rep. King Doubles Down On Asking How Jews Can Be Democrats [Talking Points Memo]
Note that the first seven items lie at the feet (of clay) of the poser-in-chief. The “selfie tourist” in the eighth item is a Democrat operative who served in both Obama White Houses and speaks for the Iowa Democrat Party. Finally, just for balance, the last two are RINOs. Stupid is not the exclusive property of either “party”
More bad news? I could have doubled the list in just a few more minutes. Note that the sources cover the political spectrum; none are FOX News.
What does it all mean? I’m not smart enough to know, but here is speculation:
• We are in a dangerous time for the United States and for the world. (Well duh)
• Besides Netanyahu, there is no courageous leadership to confront any of this.
• Both political parties are maneuvering for political advantage and the Republic be damned.
• The body politic is so hung up on racial, gender and “other” identity that the most important non-political question seems to be how big Kim Kardashian’s booty is…
More shocks to come? Well, yes.
• Blacks will discover that new undocumented Americans have gladly taken all the low-wage jobs that those Blacks willing to work could have found. And all the new freebie Government handouts will be available only to “new” citizens (old citizens be damned).
• Professional race pimps will flock to a new clientele – undocumented Americans. (Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.), please pick up the white courtesy phone). Blacks will lose their voice in the Least-Significant Media because they are no longer “special little snowflakes”. Another snowflake group has replaced them.
• Fast-food workers will go from having a job at $7.75/hour to being out on the street at $15/hour. But they will have solid Union representation and dues will be withheld from their government unemployment checks.
• PhD holders in “Womyn’s Studies” and “Authentic Gender Criticism” with a minor in “Confronting Heteronormative Privilege” will remain unemployed and continue to live with their Mom and Dad, all the while stridently despising their parents for being the craven bourgeois reactionaries that they are. Each will still owe $90,000 in student loans.
Robots will have all the burger-flipping jobs.
Nobody is going to like the situation. Progressive shrieking will be heard about the unfairness of it all. “We are special and this wasn’t supposed to happen to us.”
Conservatives will point out that the Progs voted for all this.
Rich Schadenfreude ensues.
Recently, I have taken to counseling patience for the next two years. God willing, a true Conservative Patriot will be elected president and will, with a like-minded Congress unwind the most egregious Prog Executive Orders, bureaucratic rules and wrongheaded laws. That will take time to accomplish and some of the damage is likely permanent.
The risk is that a world calamity will overtake us before the two years have passed. The greatest danger is not rogue airline pilots or weak squishy lying unethical politicians. Those things have limited effect or take awhile to do damage.
• Iran will strike Israel with a nuclear bomb as soon as it is capable.
• Netanyahu will never permit that to happen unanswered. At a minimum, Tehran and the nation of Iran will cease to exist, in a very bright flash as the 12th Imam briefly returns and then departs.
• Pakistan is ready, willing and able to sell nukes (cash only, no credit cards).
• All the Arab Kingdoms will arm up with nukes and dare anyone to look crosseyed at them.
Against that backdrop, Obama has sternly warned in a United Nations speech “The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.” [The White House Office of the Press Secretary, September 25, 2012]
Apocalypse Now? Who knows? But maybe soon unless wise decisions and cooler heads pull us back from the abyss.
All we can do now is wait and pray.